Aishwarya Rao
I believe that sometime during his sailing years Sid got the idea that continent hopping was fashionable. That can probably explain how we found ourselves in Australia. Of course there was the motive of higher education. I, for once followed him like a dutiful obedient wife to the second largest city in Tasmania,Launceston...


Honestly to call Launceston a city might be a bit of an exaggeration. When I look at it, the place reminds me of surreal pictures in exotic travel magazines and Lonely Planet guides. Nothing like the ever-so-crowded world of Pondy Bazaar or the urban ruggedness of Dallas.


But I get the feeling I am not remotely disappointed by the absence of bling malls and gigantic super markets. You see for a non-nature lover I surprised myself by falling in love with this small yet beautiful place. I wouldn’t call it quaint...but Launceston seems to be lost somewhere in between its natural unspoilt environment and its raging enthusiasm to keep up with the concrete civilization.


Caught sight of a massive and perfectly semi-circular rainbow while walking back from work and was reminded of how...

We may run, walk, stumble, drive or fly but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way!


Labels: edit post
14 Responses
  1. Pavithra Says:

    love it:)


  2. Tanu Anand Says:

    I miss you biatch..and I envy you.. It is a beautiful piece and i wanna see more pictures of the place.. Adopt me! :)


  3. Saraansh Says:

    You guys still part of Oz or have you got your own country now?? :-)


  4. N Says:

    lovely! :)


  5. this is quite lovely! what a nice place, is this where u live?


  6. vozpick Says:

    The pic is amazing. Gives you a sense of the fact that the real beauty of life exists far far beyond what you have seen until now... somewhere.. over the rainbow!!


  7. Hemamalini Says:

    Dig the new look of your blog :)

    and i can imagine how it must be like living in Launceston.. I love them child-cities! Oh, while in Tas, you should try hopping over to NZ - most beautiful place on the planet,i say.


  8. I never liked living outside our country, whatever be the lifestyle they may offer, but who can beat fate, so here I am in a remote village inside the US and dreaming about India. Nothing can beat Ranganaathan Street or Pondy Bazzar for the electric feeling, even the "Never Go to Sleep" New York does not stand in that race.

    Rainbow shot was ultimate. Which lens is that ?? Phewww - Photographer's ...


  9. @Saraanch - Dei...Tassie is very much a part of Aussie da! Don't treat us like that...


  10. @Tanu - Babe! I miss you too...You and Soub will love this place. It is so beautiful. Feels like being on vacation 24X7!


  11. @Dilip - Yes da. This is where we currently live...


  12. @Hema

    Where are you these days babe?!

    NZ is the ultimate dream. Will certainly make it there soon :-)


  13. @Satish - Its just iPhone! Wish I had had a digital SLR when I saw the rainbow. It was so perfect. Just like in children fantasy novels.


  14. @Pavithra, N and Vozpick - :-)