Aishwarya Rao
Casting, production, hits, musicals, favorites, opening nights, performances and reviews. I have always only read about Broadway's shows...until 'Mamma Mia' happened yesterday! And my first reaction was My My Does it show again?


Sitting inside a theater amidst a thousand odd people, laughing, clapping and singing along with the characters, admiring the fluent choreography, mind-blown by the handiness of the sets and props, I finally understand what they mean by 'The Broadway frenzy'. After all, it is not everyday that one gets to watch the mesmerizing Broadway favorite Judy Mclane (One more look and I forget everything)!

Mamma Mia is the story of a 20 year old bride-to-be who invites 3 men (that could potentially be her father) to her wedding. The musical is based on the celebrated numbers of the 80's pop sensation ABBA. 'Money Money Money', 'Knowing Me, Knowing You', 'Dancing Queen' and I sing along, feeling a rush of sentiment and excitement inside my head!


Notwithstanding the fact that this is my first Broadway experience, I think it is the feel-good story of Mamma Mia and the delightful performance of the actors that quite literally held me spellbound! I can't think of any more adjectives to describe the most engrossing theatrical show I have ever witnessed...
6 Responses
  1. King Vishy Says:

    what cam do u have? nice rich colors..

    did these pics come straight out of the camera? or did you increase the color richness by post-processing?


  2. Hey, You cannot click pictures inside the theater. I took these pictures from Broadwayworld.com!


  3. hey it was one hell of a show :)


  4. I know Ash. The best that I have ever seen in theatre. Nandini, you and me must do it one more time!


  5. yep we should do it again :)


  6. Arun Sundar Says:

    hey, I saw Mamma Mia in NY in dec too...had the same feeling like u had....it was one kind of an experience!!