Aishwarya Rao
Background
Last evening I was expecting an important overseas call (from you know who)and in order to stay awake to recieve the call( you know na, they come at a weird time of the night!)I decided to indulge in a simcians favourite pastime -watch a movie.
Sense and Sensibility(1995) to say the least is a lovely movie(No i am not attempting a review here).

Hugh Grant(Edward Fressars) is extraordinarily handsome (when has he not been? in Notting Hill he is blastedly adorable...)and i was jumping on the bed (in almost an orgasmic fashion)when I saw Alan Rickman (Colonel Brandon)(also Severus Snape in the famous Harry Potter series).Such refined acting, giving exactly what the character requires and nothing more. Kate Winslet(Marianne)chokes and irritates the audience (good for her if that is what she is expected to be doing!). Emma Thompson(Elinor),however boring, has done a neat screenplay (and has deservedly won the oscar for the same).

I havent read Jane Austen's novel upon which this movie is based. So I am not sure, but the dialogues were refreshingly tart.
Some of my favourites:
Marianne to her mother:Can a soul be really satisfied with such polite affections?To love is to burn- to be on fire...
Edward to Elinor:She's heading an expedition to China shortly. I'm to go as her servant. But only on the understanding that I am to be very badly treated.

Elinor:Marianne, you must change or you will catch a cold
Marianne:What care I for colds when there is such a man?

Colonel Brandon to Elinor:Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad.(Thats like me when there are no classes to attend)

Marianne:Neither of us have anything to tell. I because I conceal nothing and you because you communicate nothing.

And my favouritest-Mrs.Dashwood:If you can't think of anything appropriate to say you will please restrict your remarks to the weather
Well thats as much as i can communicate. Now off to library. Maharashtra Herald, here I come.
7 Responses
  1. Internship Review...Sports Review...Movie Review.. what else...

    Suddenly everything seems to make a lot more sense...And sensibly I get back to work..

    Random Access
    The search has just begun !!!


  2. Kostin: What does a PR do to promote her product and get bak dwindling audiences?

    Random Access
    The search has just begun !!!


  3. Hehe it is not about dwindling audience. Anyways sitemeter shows me an average of 16 different hits per day. So its cool. Just have better things to blog about these days, now that i am far away from big M.


  4. cool take...is this a new movie...kinda been a while since i watched any......so .....

    and kate is sick big time..never liked her in any movie...


  5. nandini Says:

    I miss movies :(...no tv here :((...but it was a good book ...if a bit slow... but movie may be woth seeing just for the ators ;))